Isn’t it just amazing how thousands of blood vessels all work together in perfect order for the heart to beat correctly 24/7? How can we have a small intestine that is 6 to 9 meter long and a large one 5 feet that works in perfect order for the food we eat to move smoothly through, with the body taking the nutrients it needs and the rest going to the correct place to be disposed of? How can the brain either know exactly what the body needs at any time and make corrections or send an impulse for a certain thing to happen? We are indeed wonderfully and magnificently made and no man could have ever been smart enough to do that. Only the one true Living God could have done it. He made the world and everything in it perfectly. Let us look a few interesting facts:
– Every person has a unique tongue print and no two people in the world’s thumbprints are the same.
– The nervous system transmits messages to the brain at speeds of 290 km/h
– The human nose can remember 50,000 different smells
– The human eye can detect more than 10,000,000 different colours
– Your stomach produces a new lining every 3 days to avoid digesting itself in its own acid
– The spinal cord is less than 60 cm in length, yet it contains over 10 billion nerve cells
– The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 9 meters
– Human thighbones are stronger than concrete
– There are 72 km of nerves in the skin of a human being
– Human blood travels 96,540 km per day on its journey through the body
– In our body, we have 600 muscles and 1500 kilometres of blood vessels
– We have 20 000 fine hairs inside our ears to tune into all the sounds around us
– There is no computer in the world that even comes near to the ability of the human brain
Isn’t our body a wonderful and powerful machine? We thank God for creating such an outstanding masterpiece. It is very necessary to take good care of our bodies!
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple. 1 Cor 3:16
The following information came from the Museum of Science and Industry of Chicago website (http://www.msichicago.org).